To apply, please complete the application process via link below:
Purpose and Scope
To support the Diocese of Phoenix in its mission to Encounter the Living Christ, this position, under the general supervision of the Director of Buildings and Properties, assumes the responsibility to coordinate, maintained food services and catering services for the Diocesan Pastoral Center's cafeteria. Plans varied menus to ensure that food is appetizing and nutritionally suitable for the Diocesan Pastoral staff and guests. Estimated daily or weekly needs and orders food supplies and equipment. Supervises and coordinates activities of outside catering vendors scheduling within the Diocesan Pastoral Center.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for the overall preparation and serving of daily meals.
• Responsible for coordinating and serving small catering for DPC staff and guests.
• Responsible for coordinating and supervising outside catering vendors serving staff events.
• Cleans, cuts, prepares, and cooks meat, fish, or poultry to a safe temperature.
• Prepares and cooks various items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional requirements, or numbers of portions to be served.
• Bakes breads, rolls, and pastries.
• Apportions and serves food to DPC staff and their guests.
• Washes cooking equipment such as pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other pieces.
• Develops, compiles, and maintains food records regarding use and expenditures.
• Inventories supplies and equipment.
• Determines, or assists in determining, meals, menus, and prices under the direction of supervisor.
• Ensures the cleanliness and functional operation of DPC cafeteria equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas by routinely cleaning and inspecting each piece.
• Responsible for purchasing the necessary foods and supplies needed to serve the DPC staff and their guests.
• Must ensure compliance with Maricopa County Inspector requirements and pass all inspections for the DPC kitchen and surrounding cooking area.
Additional Job Functions
• All other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Basic understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
• Basic understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced lunch period.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism towards all employees and guests.
• High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics, such as food safety, preferred.
• One year of related experience preferred.
• Must obtain and keep a current Maricopa County Food Handlers Card.
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
• This role routinely uses and needs to be familiar with the use of different types of culinary equipment and appliances.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please complete application process via link below: