Purpose and Scope
In order to support the Diocese of Phoenix in its mission to Encounter the Living Christ, this Intern position assists the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) Office by researching and collecting data/information on Parish programs associated with Catholic Social Teaching. The Intern will also develop relationships with parish leaders, volunteers, and community members to foster education in the area of Catholic Social Teaching.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Gather relevant information from Catholic parishes and charitable organizations to better serve leaders, programs, volunteers, and activities in a way that promotes the lived experience of Catholic Social Teaching as well as the theological and spiritual underpinnings of this vital part of our faith.
• Research and record information regarding parish programs for Catholic Social Teaching.
• Develop relationships with parish leaders, programs, volunteers, Catholic schools, and parish community members in order to foster education in this area and carry out the mission of CCHD on a local level.
• The Intern will aid the community to grow spiritually by making connections between the works of mercy and Christ's redemptive suffering.
• Must visit some parishes or Catholic charitable organizations in person for related events or research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Working knowledge of Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Good team player; good teamwork.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• High level of professionalism.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Creativity, initiative, and follow-through.
• Patience and tenacity with data-gathering through telephone appointments.
• Self-directed, well-organized.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
• Willingness to travel within the Diocese as needed.
• BS or BA preferred.
• Active practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Love of the Catholic faith and a heart for the poor.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License and have own transportation with proper insurance.
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some local travel is required, as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.