About the Catholic Community Foundation Diocese of Phoenix, Arizona
Since 1983, the Catholic Community Foundation has been a key resource in the Catholic community to foster an environment of philanthropy and selfless giving. The Foundation provides tools and resources for individuals and organizations to understand planned giving, complex giving vehicles, and providing administrative support. With assets under management of $100M, and nearly $50M of planned gifts, the Foundation is poised to help create a vibrant and sustainable Catholic community. The Foundation's focus is on cultivating meaningful and deep relationships within the community by assisting donors in growing in their understanding of everything as a gift from God and responding in gratitude by generously sharing their gifts with others.
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Director will be a crucial member of the leadership of the foundation and will provide the strategic direction for the fund development operation. The position promotes and represents the work and mission of the Catholic Community Foundation to individuals within the Diocese of Phoenix. The position is responsible for directing a team of two and training and guiding the other members of Foundation's staff and volunteers in planned giving, donor stewardship, prospect management, and partnering with professional advisors. The position will work closely with existing and prospective donors, nonprofits, and professional advisors to facilitate lifetime and planned charitable gifts.
Responsibilities of the Director of Development include:
* Lead, coach, and support the Philanthropic Advisors as they manage approximately 60 major gift donors/prospects, including the formulation and monitoring of plans and success
* Help, coach, and support the CEO and COO as they manage approximately 20 major gift donors/prospects, including the formulation and monitoring of plans and success
* Help develop donor identification, cultivation, invitation, and stewardship strategies that result in single and multi-year current gifts and future estate gifts
* Manage a portfolio of approximately 40 major gift donors/prospects
* Overseeing and conducting weekly/bi-weekly development/strategic huddles
* Working directly with the development committee and board of directors to identify and cultivate new relationships with the intent of fund development and relationship building.
* Track and monitor donor histories; conduct donor research; ensure appropriate outreach is designed and implemented; follow up with all prospective donors (personal visits, phone calls, letters) who have made or expressed interest in making a planned gift; ensure all donors are recognized for their contributions (correspondence, recognition events, invitations to special events)
* Grow the funds under the management of the Foundation
* Serve as a liaison for Catholic leaders - pastors, and development professionals at local Catholic entities - their donors, and the Foundation
* Assist in fulfilling event requirements (i.e., obtaining sponsorships, hosts, filling tables, building attendance) and attending as needed
* Develop and execute clear short-term and long-range plans for development that are both realistic and challenging
* Work occasional events held evenings and weekends
* Develop, implement, and monitor the annual development plan and budget
* Perform other duties as assigned
Professional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics or Attributes
* High interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to work as part of, and lead, a team
* Strong networking skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
* Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills
* Knowledge of planned giving techniques and vehicles
Ability in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, make sound decisions
* Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Demonstrated experience in a position that required exceptional written, speaking, and listening skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience/training
* 5 years' experience in major gift and planned gift fundraising or equivalent experience
* Experience leading a development effort preferred
* Ability to effectively and accurately make known the Catholic
Church's teachings through the varied ministry activities expected of this position
* Desire to be a personal witness to the Catholic faith and religion by living both one's professional and personal life in accordance with the doctrines and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, as embodied in the various documents of the Roman Catholic Church, including, without limitation, the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $130,000. The Foundation offers a competitive benefits package, including PTO, sick leave, health insurance and retirement benefits.
The search for the Director of Development is being conducted by The Moran Company. Questions about the position can be directed to Jane Lampo, The Moran Company: jlampo (at) morancompany.com.
To apply for this position submit cover letter and resume to Jane Lampo, The Moran Company. Resume should include all professional education and experience, dates of employment (month and year) and position/title and organization names.
To apply please copy and paste into your browser: https://tinyurl.com/2awy7cx2