Holy Rosary Academy in Anchorage, Alaska invites applications for candidates to share the truth, beauty, and goodness of the Catholic faith with Pre-kindergarten or Kindergarten students while furnishing them with basic skills in phonics, numerical competency, and an appreciation of poetry and nursery rhymes as they learn about colors, seasons, and the saints.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the Liberal Arts or in Education.
• Be a practicing Catholic with good moral character, joyfully living out the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Ideally have at least one year's teaching experience and be certified in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.*
• Engage students effectively and work cordially and productively with parents, colleagues, staff, administrators, and Board members.
• Teach several subjects well, manage the classroom competently, win the admiration and affection of students, and handle all relevant administrative aspects of the position.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Treat others with respect, courtesy, tact, friendliness, empathy, patience, and kindness.
• Be knowledgeable, professional, energetic, hard-working, and student-centered with a good sense of humor.
*Experience teaching at a classical school would be a plus.
About Holy Rosary Academy
Holy Rosary Academy (HRA) is a classical educational institution in the Roman Catholic tradition located in Anchorage, Alaska and serving pre-kindergarten to 12th grade students. "A place where faith and reason meet in the pursuit of excellence," HRA has been recognized by Niche as the best private high school in Alaska for two years in a row. Flourishing since its founding in 1987, the Academy is also a Cardinal Newman Honor Roll School, a Theology of the Body Campus, and a member school of the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education.
With strong enrollment and record fundraising this is an exciting time for HRA. Find your calling at a faith-filled, engaging intellectual enterprise in beautiful Alaska!
To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and current contact information for three references to: [email protected].
Anchorage, AK 99503