Holy Rosary Academy in Anchorage, Alaska invites applications for candidates to teach students in Grades 3 to 6 about the riches of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, to communicate a love for the great works of Western Civilization, and to enthusiastically share the truth, beauty, and goodness of the Catholic faith.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the Liberal Arts.
• Be a practicing Catholic with good moral character, joyfully living out the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Ideally have at least one year's teaching experience.
• Engage students effectively and work cordially and productively with parents, colleagues, staff, administrators, and Board members.
• Teach several subjects well, manage the classroom competently, win the admiration and affection of students, and handle all relevant administrative aspects of the position.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Treat others with respect, courtesy, tact, friendliness, empathy, patience, and kindness.
• Be knowledgeable, professional, energetic, hard-working, and student-centered with a good sense of humor.
*Strength in math and science, experience teaching at a classical school, and a love for the outdoors are a plus.
About Holy Rosary Academy
Holy Rosary Academy (HRA) is a classical educational institution in the Roman Catholic tradition located in Anchorage, Alaska and serving pre-kindergarten to 12th grade students. "A place where faith and reason meet in the pursuit of excellence," HRA has been recognized by Niche as the best private high school in Alaska for two years in a row. Flourishing since its founding in 1987, the Academy is also a Cardinal Newman Honor Roll School, a Theology of the Body Campus, and a member school of the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education.
With strong enrollment, record fundraising, and a growing faculty, this is an exciting time for HRA. Find your calling at a faith-filled, engaging intellectual enterprise in beautiful Alaska! To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and current contact information for three references to: [email protected].
Anchorage, AK 99503