The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for the development, supervision and coordination of all evangelization programs in the parish, ensuring that the mission and vision of missionary discipleship is fulfilled, with a particular focus on the parish's children, youth and young adults. He/she is responsible to coordinate the recruitment, training, support and appreciation of ministry catechists. The Director of Faith Formation reports directly to the Pastor. This is a full-time paid position.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must be an active, practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Experience in education and training as well as train-the-trainer methodologies
- Advanced degree in Catholic Religious Education/Administration, Evangelization, Religious Studies, Pastoral Theology or related field is preferred; may be substituted with career experience in a related field
- Three years ministry experience in a Catholic parochial or diocesan environment preferred
- Experience in recruitment, motivation, and recognition of others
Faith Formation and Youth Ministry:
- Prepares an annual plan, calendar, and budget for Faith Formation programs for grades Kindergarten to 12th grade and adults.
- Collaborates closely with the pastor, councils, and ministry teams/coordinators in matters pertaining to Faith Formation programs.
- Implements sacramental preparation programs for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation. This includes parents/sponsors training, classes, retreats and personal interviews for sacramental comprehension.
- Develops and executes various social activities for parish youth and young adults. This includes fundraising for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry as necessary.
- Assists in selecting and forming catechist coordinators and ministry leaders.
- In collaboration with the pastor, establish (if necessary), staff, and support a variety of ministries toward the end goal of providing Faith Formation for all parishioners.
- Ensures that there is periodic evaluation and feedback of programs to the pastor, coordinators, and volunteers.
Community Connection and Enrichment:
- Fosters and promotes a culture of evangelization and intentional missionary discipleship in all facets of parish life.
- Attends Holy Cross Staff meetings and Archdiocesan meetings that pertain to the growth and continued formation of Faith Formation programs, as directed by the pastor and archdiocesan staff.
- Maintains and develops the requisite knowledge and skills for administering Faith Formation through continued education programs.
- Works with other parish ministries to promote networking among parishes in the Archdiocese of Anchorage-Juneau.
- Encourages young people at Holy Cross to be involved in Archdiocesan events as available.
- Encourages youth and adults to become part of parish life: Liturgical Ministries, Fellowship Ministries, Educational Ministries, Service Ministries, Pilgrimages, Conferences, and Mission Trips.
- In collaboration with the pastor and Liturgy Committee, helps plan sacramental liturgies when appropriate.
- Coordinates compliance of the Safe Environment program for the parish staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the OCIA program as directed by the pastor.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
View this post on our website: holycrossalaska.net/apply
Contact us directly at [email protected]
Anchorage, AK 99507