The Nome-based Programmer/Producer coordinates KNOM's broadcast, ensuring all music, PSA's, and programs are consistent with KNOM's mission and values and are presented creatively, professionally, and sustainably. The Programmer/Producer is the supervisor of KNOM's announcers, including staff and community DJs. The Operations Manager supervises Program staff.
This is and hourly, full-time position. Wage range is $28.00 - $34.00/hr., depending on experience and education. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 403B retirement plan.
1. Bachelor's degree required; equivalent experience considered.
2. 2-3 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
3. Affinity for rural Alaska.
4. Excellent written and speaking skills.
5. Experience with audio production utilizing Adobe Audition and ZETTA software.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as a team with a small core staff and volunteers.
7. Alignment with KNOM mission and values.
8. Ability to learn operation of all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise non-news production activities including selection, production, and rotation of KNOM inspirational/educational PSA's, produced shows, and music library.
• Deejay as scheduled - this includes recording/preparing updated weather and announcements.
• Maintain, uphold, and promote station format and programming; Ensure online content is prepared appropriately and on time.
• Oversee, train, coach, and coordinate scheduling for announcers.
• Manage RCS digital software, including generating and maintaining daily log activity, scheduler, and software updates.
• Outreach to Western Alaska region to improve cultural and local connections with programming, such as with students and elders and through travel to communities.
• Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: send cover letter and resume to [email protected]