St. Bernard Preparatory School
JOB TITLE: Director of Development
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent service.
2. Minimum of 6 years' experience in non-profit fundraising.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: President and Abbot
JOB GOAL: The Director works with the Abbot and President in developing long-term philanthropic relationships with donors, soliciting major donors for annual and planned gifts, executing a fundraising plan, and coordinating strategic steps to achieve the organizational goals.
1. Establish organizational fundraising goals and a fundraising plan to meet those goals
2. Solicit major and planned gifts in on-on-one meetings with donors or in conjunction with other staff
3. Schedule meetings with high-dollar prospects and donors for the Abbot, and prepare presentation materials
4. Track and manage steps for donor relationship-building and gift solicitation to facilitate the forward movement of all donors
5. Oversees a communication calendar; track current, future and pending solicitations (major gifts, direct mail, online and foundation proposals)
6. Be regular and punctual in attendance
7. All staff participate in extracurricular activities as mutually agreed upon by faculty and administration. All staff must assist with the Blooming Festival and Barbeque and Blues
8. Maintain proper and professional relationship with students and other employees
9. Be familiar with and follow Board of Education and local school policies
10. Perform other job-related duties assigned by the President or Abbot
11. To assist in cultivating an environment which is connected to the Catholic identity and institutional charism of St. Bernard Preparatory School.
1. Strong commitment to advancing the mission of St. Bernard Preparatory School
2. Good judgement and maturity
3. The ability to travel
4. A high degree of integrity
5. The ability to take initiative and follow through with minimal supervision
6. Results and detail oriented
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month contract (July1, till the following June,30). Salary according to appropriate current schedule. Exempt employee.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
Cullman, AL 35055