The Pilgrimage Assistant assists the Pilgrimage work group at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament. This is a highly varied skills position including repetitive office tasks, public speaking, and attention to individual Shrine pilgrim's needs. The physical demands vary from sitting for long periods of time, to walking or driving for long periods of time. This position is highly visible and requires working both indoors and outdoors as needed.
• Welcomes Pilgrimage groups and directs pilgrims throughout the Shrine.
• Assists Pilgrimage with promotional efforts and other repetitive office tasks.
• Consistently reviews the general Pilgrimage voicemail and e-mail, and responds to requests for information.
• Ability to memorize large amounts of information and conduct tours of the Shrine and/or John Paul II Eucharistic Center.
• Prompt and consistent attendance.
• Maintains Castle information booth and dining hall supplies and fulfills all Shrine brochure requests.
• Covers either Shrine Reception Desk or Castle Welcome desk.
• Posts Shrine Schedules at all designated areas.
• Keeps work areas neat and clean at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Good organizational skills and able to work independently after initial direction.
• Considerable knowledge of Google, Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
• Committed to upholding the mission of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery.
• Professional appearance.
• Ability to transport up to 35 lbs.
• High School diploma or equivalent and valid driver's license required.
Our Lady of the Angels Monastery is an Equal Opportunity Employer