The Retreat House Houseman is responsible for supporting the operations and maintenance of the Retreat House at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament. The Houseman works with Retreat House staff and Shrine staff to fulfill all assignments. This position has average exposure with the public. The houseman will reside in the Retreat House and the schedule will vary greatly depending on the guest reservations of the Retreat House. This is a fairly active position requiring a lot of bending, kneeling, stretching, pushing and pulling.
• Cleans and maintains all guest rooms and common areas, including trash removal.
• Cleans Retreat House vehicles.
• Supports Retreat House kitchen staff as requested.
• Provide Airport transportation for guests as needed.
• Launder and iron (as needed) towels and linens.
• Operate and maintain mechanized and manual cleaning equipment.
• Prompt and dependable attendance.
• Communicates regularly with the Retreat House Manager and notifies Retreat House Manager of any repairs needed to Retreat House.
• Assists in maintaining proper levels of supplies inventory.
• Keeps work areas neat and clean at all times and follows all operational and safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Full commitment to the mission of OLAM & the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
• Good communication and organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Friendly and pleasant demeanor with Guests, Pilgrims and Shrine staff.
• Able to transport up to 45 lbs.
• High School diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Minimum 1-year experience with housekeeping tasks.
• Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
Our Lady of the Angels Monastery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hanceville, AL 35077