Full-time, in Irondale (Birmingham), AL.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
The Graphic Designer will design and develop complex graphics and collateral materials for print communications, electronic media, and presentations. This includes design and layout using state of the art computer hardware, software methods and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Design and produce graphic materials for print media, electronic communications and web related projects.
• Collaborate with Creative Director in planning, development, layout, and production of graphics, electronic presentations and of web related projects.
• Ensure image quality, editorial interpretation and graphic file size meet website requirements.
• Coordinate printing requirements with printers to ensure quality and cost-effective delivery.
• Counsel web developer in the development of the graphic content.
• Research availability and costs associated with utilizing images from external sources (such as stock photography, fine art, etc.) in designs and production.
• Ensure accuracy of all material prior to actual implementation.
• Organize projects, images, image source documentation, and files.
• Monitor industry trends and maintains current knowledge of emerging technology in site development.
• Archive electronic files per Creative Services protocol. Request printed samples from printer and forward to Sr. Creative Services Coordinator.
• You have a minimum 3-5 years of experience in design, digital arts or related field.
• You are knowledgeable in web development software and trends.
• You are skilled and proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign in a graphics design environment.
• You will be required to work under moderate supervision and have moderate latitude for using personal initiative and independent judgment.
• You have an understanding of design restraints.
• You have strong knowledge of web graphic optimization techniques helpful.
• You have the desire & are able to remain current on new technologies and software products and applications.
• You possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are organized with keen sense of detail, flexible and able to adjust quickly and with ease, follow directions, work well with others as well as alone.
• You have Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and the EWTN mission.
• You hold an Associate Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design is preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on Mother Angelica's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!