DONOR EXPERIENCE MANAGER
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Donor Experience Manager, you'll help lead a growing team of program managers, giving officers, and donor specialists to proactively increase donor loyalty and retention. You'll ensure the donor experience is engaging and consistent by managing the donor life cycle and stewardship plan while also implementing donor programs and coordinating multi-channel stewardship and milestone communications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage the implementation of the organization's Donor Stewardship Plan, developing messaging and ensuring the timely execution of thank you letters, welcome kits, and milestone correspondence.
• Develop and document processes for each stage of the donor lifecycle - from first year to second, core and lapsed within each program.
• Manage and maintain donor information and automated workflows in Virtuous CRM as they relate to the direct response donor programs.
• Develop, implement, and manage closed loop feedback and prioritization processes focused on journeys.
• Lead journey mapping techniques and conduct advanced analytics to create personas, identifying critical moments that drive value to the donor.
• Analyze data, write reports, create presentations - generate actionable insights using statistical analysis that are relevant and timely.
• Partner with direct response leaders in content, data, growth, and campaigns to share customer survey results, present findings, opportunities, and support action-planning and continuous improvements to the programs and journeys.
• You have at least 5 years of experience managing donor programs and campaigns.
• You have worked with custom quantitative and qualitative research and have experience with journey mapping and persona development.
• You've been hands-on with managing donor information and workflows in a CRM.
• You have previous supervisory, management, or team lead experience.
• You have a Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, fundraising or similar or comparable level of experience and education
• Expert-level knowledge of fundraising best practices across multiple audiences
• Knowledge of Salesforce software or similar donor database experience
• Experience with donor programs - i.e., mid-level, monthly giving, stewardship
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in Daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday. We also offer two Spiritual Retreats a year for our employees and their spouses.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!