PLANNED / LEGACY GIVING OFFICER
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Legacy Giving Officer, you will be responsible for assisting donors in accomplishing their philanthropic goals while simultaneously working to help EWTN advance its mission. The LGO will implement a comprehensive plan for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current donors and potential prospects who have an interest in supporting EWTN.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Solicit donations to increase philanthropic support for the mission of EWTN.
• Establish and manage relationships in an evolving portfolio of approximately 125-150 prospects and donors.
• Gather data, assess prospects, and develop comprehensive long-range and short-term strategies designed to realize current planned and lifetime giving potential of individual prospects.
• Build and nurture collaborative, donor centric long-term relationships to effectively match interest of prospects and donors to specific EWTN needs.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records of pertinent communications and contact reports following prospect and donor engagements within the CRM database.
• Draft and customize correspondence, proposals, and other written materials to identify prospects and donors, which includes the ability to run detailed gift illustrations using Crescendo's gift illustration software.
• Provide knowledge and expertise for planned gift solicitations, including: charitable gift annuities, real property and other non-cash assets, charitable remainder trusts, donor advised funds, beneficiary designations, bequests, life insurance policies, endowments, and retained life estates.
• Provide tax and estate planning information necessary to secure or promote planned/deferred gifts.
• Prepare and review documents for planned/deferred gift opportunities for prospective donors.
• Continue professional development by attending seminars and conferences, as well as keeping abreast of current tax laws as they pertain to charitable giving and administration of programs.
• Seek the opinions of Mission Advancement Team, tax, legal and other advisors of EWTN on complex matters, when appropriate.
• Maintain a strong professional networking relationship with peer representatives and the EWTN staff.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of EWTN priorities.
• Represent EWTN at functions, events and meetings as required.
• Travel regionally/nationally/internationally (potentially 30-40%) as well as attend evening and weekend activities as required.
• You have a minimum of 7 years professional fundraising experience or related work experience at a non-profit organization with extensive experience in planned giving programs.
• You have a proven track record of success in achieving goals and fundraising metrics.
• You are experienced in developing a strategic plan for soliciting and securing gifts from private sources or the equivalent in customer/client relationships.
• You have a demonstrated knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and techniques.
• You have existing knowledge of and are well networked within Catholic donor community.
• You are a practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of the Catholic faith and EWTN's mission.
• You possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• You are able to work cooperatively and effectively with donors, volunteers, and development staff.
• You maintain ethical standards consistent with fundraising professionals code of conduct.
• You are a self-starter; able to work independently.
• You are able to adapt and respond to various situations.
• You are willing and able to travel (approximately 30-40%) and work a flexible schedule.
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study.
• Professional fundraising certification preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on Mother Angelica's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!