PCPA Hospitality supports the life of the Poor Clare Nuns through external care for the Nuns and guests. This position works directly with the Nuns to provide for the completion of regular and extraordinary tasks outside the cloister, including regular driving. PCPA Hospitality coordinates with the Housekeeping Manager, Shrine staff and outside vendors in the care of the Extern Hall, Parlors and PCPA Guest Houses. This is a fairly active position with a lot of walking, bending and stretching.
• Provides weekly grocery service for the Nuns and shops as needed to restock groceries and other supplies for the Extern Hall and the PCPA Guest Houses
• Communicates effectively with PCPA to provide for the needs of scheduled guests, including cooking, and airport or local driving if necessary
• Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the Extern Hall, and ensures the same for the Guest Houses in partnership with the Shrine Housekeeping and Shrine Facilities personnel
• Point of contact for PCPA Guests and regarding PCPA Guests for the Nuns and for all Shrine staff
• Manages the online guest house request form, database and calendar
• Consistent and flexible availability in support of PCPA - including 24-hour on call accessibility during Guest House and Extern hall stays
• Assists the Shrine Sacristan as needed
• Notifies Shrine Facilities Manager of any repairs needed to Extern Area or Guest Houses
• Assists in maintaining proper levels of supplies inventory.
• Keeps work areas neat and clean at all times
• Other duties upon request
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Committed to the mission of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery and the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament
• Good driving record
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• High School diploma (or equivalent) required.
Our Lady of the Angels Monastery is an Equal Opportunity Employer