MAJOR GIFTS/MISSION ADVANCEMENT OFFICER (MIDWEST)
Full-time, Midwest Region (remote)
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Mission Advancement Officer you'll be responsible for working with the Vice President of Mission Advancement to solicit donations to support EWTN's mission and cultivate relationships with EWTN community of donors in the Midwestern United States. Adheres to mutually agreed upon activity metrics and goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Cultivate & solicit assigned major gift prospects; ensure that donors receive proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship.
• Identify & research high net worth individuals in the region and work to cultivate their support of the Network
• Maintain awareness of the critical needs of the Network and communicate these needs to donors, soliciting gifts for these needs as appropriate
• Maintain awareness of the impact of the Network and communicate this impact to donor as a means of cultivating affinity with the work of the Network
• Maintain accurate and complete records of donor conversations, visits and research.
• Work with selected staff, Board, and Volunteers to ensure coordinated and effective solicitation of EWTN's major gift prospects; prepare written donor proposals for major gift solicitations; maintain correspondence with donors and appropriate financial personnel.
• Serve as development liaison to volunteers.
• Travel nationally as necessary; prepare call reports in a timely manner.
• Attend management committee meetings and prospect review meetings; provide communication updates to departmental management.
• You have a minimum of 10 years' experience in Development or related work experience at a non-profit organization.
• You have a demonstrated knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and techniques.
• You have previous experience with gift planning and procedures.
• You are well networked within the catholic donor community.
• You have a proven track record of success in achieving goals and fundraising metrics.
• You have previous experience soliciting charitable gifts.
• You exhibit superior interpersonal/human relations skills.
• You have excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
• You are able to work cooperatively and effectively with donors, volunteers, and development staff.
• You consistently maintain ethical standards with fundraising professionals code of conduct.
• You are a self-starter; able to work independently.
• You are adept and respond to various situations.
• You are willing and able to travel (50% minimum) and work a flexible schedule.
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study. Professional fundraising certification preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on Mother Angelica's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!