DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Director of Marketing, you'll establish departmental objectives and work with the Regional Marketing Managers to execute country-specific strategies to expand public awareness of EWTN's programming and content. The Director of Marketing will lead direct consumer and event marketing campaigns and develop ongoing relationships to cultivate support from Church leaders, industry executives, key lay organizations, and volunteers to increase consumer engagement with our media apostolate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Maintain and grow the distribution of EWTN media through the ongoing development of strong relationships with affiliated and non-affiliated distributors.
• Manage Marketing CRM and other databases; prepare data files for database upload, analyze and ensure ongoing accuracy of database of worldwide distributors (dioceses, parishes, volunteers, etc.), and execute database extractions to generate targeted email campaigns and direct mailings as needed.
• Develop and execute conventional and digital media advertising plans.
• Coordinate network participation in selected domestic and international trade shows/conventions/events, including shipment of materials and exhibits.
• Plan large multi-departmental events, such as the EWTN Family Celebration, including venue coordination, vendor management, contract negotiations, budgeting, departmental communication, promotional plans, and timelines.
• Assist in the creation of annual department budget and monitor monthly financial statements for overages and prompt payment of invoices.
• Maintain a current level of understanding of the Catholic Church and other organizations willing to assist in marketing the Network.
• You have a minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in corporate or consumer marketing, media management or related field.
• You hold a working knowledge of the current media industry, traditional media and digital advertising, and experience using social media and e-marketing campaigns and analytics.
• You can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, research information, meet project deadlines, analyze problems, and select proper course of action.
• You possess strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional tact and courtesy.
• You can demonstrate strong supervisory skills and the ability to participate effectively in a team environment.
• You are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and have experience working with CRM or PRM database software.
• You are able to lift, move and transport boxes up to 50 pounds.
• You must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and passport, with the ability to drive to events as necessary, and are able to travel 15 - 25% of the year via automobile and air, with periodic overnight and weekend stays as required.
• You are a practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church and Catholic organizations and are aligned with EWTN's Mission with a desire to promote the Network's media content.
• Trade show, conference, and event management experience is a plus!
• Contract negotiation and management experience is a plus!
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, or another relevant field.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]
Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!