The Sacristan prepares, collects and maintains elements needed for liturgies at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament and Priest Retreat House. This position works frequently with the PCPA's, MFVA's, the pilgrimage department and other clergy as needed. The Sacristan must be a Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church. This position works in a sacred environment and must handle stressful situations with peace and respect. The Sacristan may be asked to direct other part time or temporary sacristans as needed.
• Provide and maintain all materials needed for all scheduled worship services.
• Communicate effectively with Religious, staff and servers to ensure all scheduled liturgies are properly prepared for.
• Maintenance and proper placement of all sacred vessels, clergy vestments and linens.
• Post-liturgical maintenance that ensures the preservation of materials and areas used for Catholic worship.
• Organize and instruct Altar servers.
• Prompt and regular attendance
• Ensure appropriate supplies and inventories are available.
• Accommodate individual Priest's preferences and ensures all liturgical standards of the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament are faithfully kept.
• Keep Chapels and work area neat and clean at all times
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Excellent planning and organizing skills with diligent attention to detail.
• Thorough understanding of Catholic practices and liturgies.
• Committed to upholding the mission of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to climb medium height ladder.
• High School diploma (or equivalent) required.
• Minimum 2 years experience with sacristan related functions
Our Lady of the Angels Monastery is an Equal Opportunity Employer