JR. NETWORK & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
Under the direction of the Director of Information Services, the Jr. Network and Systems Administrator will support the IS Administrative staff in maintaining the EWTN network environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Responsible for reviewing, troubleshooting, gathering additional information, or resolving open support requests assigned to the administrative staff.
* Maintain user/clients within the Active Directory and Exchange environments.
* Keep IS Support Center updated on any changes or upgrades to the network environment which would involve the user environment.
* Work with IS Senior administrators to ensure client problems are correctly identified and resolved in a timely manner.
* Diagnose and resolve Active Directory, DHCP, connectivity, user access, and other domain issues.
* Provide problem solving in the absence of the Sr. Network and Systems Administrator.
Maintain the Backup Environment, Microsoft Exchange Environment along with the Archival Storage Facility
* Help support and maintain the EWTN hardware clustering and virtualization environments.
* Keeps the IS Support Center updated on any changes or upgrades to the network environment which would involve the user environment.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes departmental goals by accepting ownership of tasks at hand in order to maintain the highest quality network for EWTN.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience with Server hardware and software installation and maintenance within an enterprise environment (AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies)
* Minimum of 1 years' experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 within an enterprise environment.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience with Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer version
* Problem solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and develops alternative solutions.
* Oral Communication skills: must be able to speak clearly and persuasively and have the ability to listen and obtain clarification. * Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
* Written Communications: Ability to write clear and informative instructions and also be able to read and interpret written instructions.
* Working Knowledge maintaining an Enterprise storage platform.
* Strong experience with Tape Libraries and Tape Drives in iSCSI, fiber channel, and SAN environments with enterprise experience utilizing Backup software such as Backup Exec.
* Experience with hardware clustering and virtualization including Hyper-V cluster environments.
* Experience working with VOIP technology.
* Must be up to date on Industry Best Practices, Security, and threat protection within the networking environment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
* Adheres to policies and procedures and supports Network goals and values.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Follows instructions, responds to direction and takes responsibility for own actions.
Willingness to learn new skills and software programs needed to complete tasks.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks accurately.
* Desire to continue education or self/education in the computer technology area.
* Willingness & ability to be on-call (24/7 for 2 weeks out of every 8 weeks)
* A knowledge of the Catholic faith and an affinity for EWTN's mission.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
* We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
* Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
* Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
* Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
* 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
* Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
* Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on Mother Angelica's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!